Volunteer at the Abu Dhabi Film Festival!
- Gain experience with a large-scale international event
- Have the opportunity to network and meet other film fans
- Learn new skills (or practice old ones)
- Receive a T-shirt/badge to keep as a memento
- Have the opportunity to earn vouchers that can be exchanged for tickets to film screenings
- Earn a special Participation Certificate (when minimum shift and attendance requirements are met)
- Make new friends and have fun!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
ADFF seeks energetic, highly motivated team players with a passion for film and a desire to enrich the community of Abu Dhabi. Strong English speaking skills are required, although those who speak other languages, particularly Arabic, will be very valuable to us. Other requirements include:
- 16 years of age or older
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong command of English
- Be reliable and supportive team players
- Remain respectful and professional at all times while working with a diverse group of staff, patrons, guests and other volunteers
Our volunteers are vital to the successful operation of the Festival – both on the front lines and behind the scenes.
Opportunities are available to work with:
- Box Office
- Filmmaker Services
- Volunteer Office
Volunteer Captains: Captains work alongside venue staff and serve as liaisons between theater representatives, Festival staff, and volunteers. Their position requires leadership skills and entails a variety of responsibilities. If you are interested in a VC position, please attend a Volunteer Orientation and speak with a Venues point person. Previous volunteers are encouraged to apply, though previous experience is not required. It is helpful to have a CV and availability handy.
Interns: Selected departments require supplemental assistance prior to the festival and have open intern positions. Skill set requirements and availability depends on departmental needs. Interns uniquely acquire a wider perspective of how festival preparation leads to a successful operation and have increased learning outcomes. Applicants such as university students, recent graduates or professionals with flexible schedules are encouraged to apply.
Volunteering will open closer to the festival.